Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Can't Stand It, I Know You Planned It

Congratulations to Mr. Alan Robertson for correctly naming "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

Big news today in the legal world with President Obama's nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to replace David Souter on the Supreme Court. While everyone else will spend hours poring over Judge Sotomayor's legal opinions, I say that the one true test of her qualifications to serve on the high court is a full breakdown of the high-jump technique of the other "famous" (I use the term loosely) Sotomayor, the current world record-holder in the high-jump, Javier Sotomayor.

Question of the Day
:

Justin, can I root for Manchester United instead of Barcelona tomorrow's Champions League Final?

Answer:

Sure, if you would have also supported the Axis in World War II.

Current Reading

American Caesar--Douglas MacArthur 1880-1964 by William Manchester

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Sabatoge by the Beastie Boys

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Can I interest you in a copy (or 100 copies) of "Reminisces" by Douglas MacArthur? Let me know so I can put in a call to his shrine in Brownwood.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Alan,

I'll take a copy, but only if it begins with the General's famous statement, "My first recollection is that of a bugle call."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home