Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We've Got Solid STate Technology

Ladies and gentlemen, faithful readers of Running Down a Dream, one and all, please accept my sincere apologies for not writing since Friday. The problem is, the left side of my body had a rather rude encounter with Old Tyler Road on Saturday afternoon at 4:30. Here's what happens when you suddenly lose control of your bike going 30 mph downhill. Specifically, look at photos 2o and 21. Otherwise, you would have no earthly idea what I'm talking about right now.

I'm sorry for not being able to write the past few days, but I am simply trying to prepare for the coming time during July where I will only be able to post once or twice a week. Yes, I know that you are dreading the prospect like Ricky Williams dreads a urinalysis, but we all have to face our fears sometime in our lives.

Today, the Rangers extended General Manager Jon Daniels' contract through 2009 despite the fact that the boys from Arlington currently have the WORST record in the major leagues and have not made the playoffs since the Backstreet Boys were stealing the hearts of prepubescent girls across America (1999). I'm going to try to come up with something special for tomorrow's post to adequately capture the high level of disagreement that I have with Rangers owner Tom Hicks regarding this particular move, but you will simply have to wait and see.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

were you riding naked?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Suprisingly enough, no.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Chris Field said...

I had a good time just trying to figure out which parts of your body were which with those pictures.

Hope you heal quickly.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch dude. And thanks for making me toss my lunch. But I do hope you heal quickly. And In light of picture 21, I think we can forgive the brief hiatus.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike M here,

Man, that looks pretty. Could I order some with a side salad. thousand Island dressing, please.

Is it hard to sleep?

seriously, hope you get better soon,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home