Tuesday, June 5, 2007

An Exit to Eternal Summer Slacking

Congratulations to Mr. Stephen Baker, otherwise known as Poseur, for correctly naming "Creep" by Radiohead as the Monday Song of the Day. Baker, you make a great point about the fact that hockey is obviously a sport where the players wield sticks but this has not necessarily been parlayed into devotion on the part of the American people. I'm not sure if my "Let the Players have sticks" cry will be enshrined alongside Marie Antoinette's charge to "Let the Peasants Eat Cake", only time will tell.

Tomorrow morning I'm going on a covert mission. I guess it's not so covert since I'm telling you about in a post before it actually takes place, but I'm going to take part in one of the great civic duties of any American citizen. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to jury duty at the Smith County Courthouse. The twin facts of my being a law student who is also currently working a prosecutor's office probably mean that I won't be sticking around for the truly fun activities, but there's always a chance. Granted, it's probably the same chance that the Rangers have of winning the World Series this year, but as I said earlier, it's a chance.

If I make it that far, I'm probably going to rehash Chicago's schtick during voir dire exercises in the Winter Quarter. If my memory serves me correctly, our friend from the City of Broad Shoulders took on the persona of a country bumpkin whose wife suffered horrible injuries at the hands of a devious bacon frying machine during her employment at a fast food establishment that shall remain nameless. I have no idea if that will pertain in any way to the subject matter of the cases at hand, but who doesn't love a good bacon-associated injury?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger IMV said...

The Way - Fastball (I think)

-Middleton

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger ALV said...

"Oh, the grease! It was terrible! Burning her, everywhere!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home