Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hot as a Hair Dryer in Your Face

The following is a story that you probably need to be a lawyer or law student to truly enjoy.


As part of my time living at home this summer, my parents, or more specifically my mom, have been looking for new furniture. They apparently struck gold (oil is probably more appropriate for Texas, but I'm sticking with gold) in the form of a new couch and loveseat. At dinner that night my mom told me about the furniture and my dad asked me to guess who the furniture salesperson most closely resembled.


I thought this was a rather open-ended question as I could conceivably guess anyone from Darryl Strawberry to Mother Theresa. Thankfully, my dad narrowed my options by saying it was someone famous. Again, I thought this was overly broad and refrained from answering. Finally, my dad said that the someone famous was a female lawyer. I searched for a few moments, which was apparently too long, as my dad laid out the final clue: She's on the U.S. Supreme Court. With the departure of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the only correct answer to my father's question was of course, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.



Yes, that's correct. Now every time that I sit down on the new couch in the living room, I'll think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Why couldn't my parents have purchased a couch from someone who reminded them of Mandy Moore or Evangeline Lilly? These are the questions that rack my brain.

In other news, it's Liverpool Skipper Steven Gerrard's 27th birthday today. In his honor, here's a video of his game-tying stoppage time goal in last year's FA Cup Final.



"When you need someone to stand up and be counted..."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new york. U2. Tuegel

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy Moore....Very Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home