Monday, May 21, 2007

Spring Blooms and You Find the Love That's True

There's this moment in "Running to Stand Still" where the song's subject "runs through the streets, with her eyes painted red, under a black belly of cloud in the rain." I'm pretty sure my eyes were not painted red tonight, but Bono could have been describing my run tonight with his words.

My good friend Jonathan Smith wrote a couple of days ago about his experiences during a marathon relay. I'm pretty sure Jon's opportunity to run on a beach like Rocky and Apollo in Rocky III (minus the awkward hug at the end) beats my voyage tonight through the rainy streets of Whitehouse, but we take our opportunities as they come to us.

I'm looking forward this week to the Champions League Final and Lost season finale on Wednesday and seeing Dice-K make his first trip to Texas on Friday as the Red Sox battle the Rangers in Arlington. I'll have more thoughts on the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan tomorrow. Until then, start practicing "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Current Reading

Walking the Bible: A Journey by Land Through the Five Books of Moses by Bruce Feiler

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Chris Field said...

Running in the rain is one of my favorite things to do. Unless I am running more than about 5 miles. Then it gets a little bit annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home