Monday, May 28, 2007

Now I'm Falling Asleep, and She's Calling a Cab

Congratulations to Mr. Joseph R. Halbert for correctly naming "Comfortable" by John Mayer as the Wednesday Song of the Day. In the past, I probably would have been ashamed to have such a saccharine sweet song for the esteemed contest, but as a bachelor I've reached that place that Tyler Durden spoke of when he told us that "it's only when you've lost everything that you're reading to do anything." I'm pretty sure he was talking about something a little more daring than listening to cheesy John Mayer songs, but I'm going with the general spirit of the directive.

Speaking of Joey, everyone out there who peruses this fine blog needs to follow Mr. Halbert's adventures this summer in Uganda at his blog "74 Days". Joey was one of the first non-Tyler area people that I remember meeting at ACU, and ever since then I have been honored to call him my friend and fellow poli-sci major.

I'm sure his blog will explain it much more eloquently than I will ever be able to, but Joey is spending the summer in Uganda working with that nation's judicial system. It's always inspiring to know that your friends are out on the cutting edge of what is happening in the world and I know that Joey's time in Uganda will make an impact on everyone that he is able to serve.

In other news, I had a great time this weekend at the Huston family lakehouse. It's always a bit disappointing to spend a Memorial Day weekend at the lake in rainy conditions, but all in all I can't complain. The Rangers game on Friday night was one of the worst ones that I have ever attended. Granted, the Rangers only lost 10-6, but the combination of rain, the beginnings of a sweep, and the fact that Rangers fans were outnumbered 4 to 1 in their own ballpark by Red Sox fans all contributed towards a less than pleasing environment at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. Then again, is anyone surprised by that last sentence?


Current Reading


Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. brightside. the killers. tuegel. YNWA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home