Thursday, May 31, 2007

So Close That I Can't See What's Going On

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "New York" by U2 from the All That You Can't Leave Behind album as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

I don't have much to write this evening, but I thought I would pass along a short item for your perusal. As all of the frequent readers of this blog know, I have recently fallen headlong into the world of football (or futbol for the Spanish/Portuguese speaking readers of the blog, if there are any of you). With that in mind, my good friend, Mason Orr recently passed along a link to an article that he came across on Deadspin which purported to showcase what some are calling THE GREATEST GOAL EVER SCORED.

You might wonder why I capped that phrase, and if you are Dan Carlson, you're definitely wondering why I did, but calling something the GREATEST GOAL EVER SCORED is a pretty lofty pronouncement. It's not as if we're calling Michael Scott the greatest Regional Manager for Dunder-Mifflin who currently lives in Scranton, PA or calling Jack Shepard the greatest spinal surgeon currently appearing on Lost. This means something. With that said, I don't agree with those who are calling the following goal THE GREATEST GOAL EVER SCORED. I'm not scoffing at it either. I'm pretty sure if I tried what Andres Vazquez does here, I would end up in a more painful state than Tim Robbins at the end of Mystic River.

Now, without further delay, THE GREATEST GOAL EVER SCORED....

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"Cannonball," Damien Rice.

Soccer is boring. But I still like you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home