Friday, June 15, 2007

I Was in Love With the Place In My Mind, In My Mind

Congratulations to Mr. Dan Carlson for correctly naming "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who as the Thursday Song of the Day.

In honor of Dan's triumph, I've decided to do my part in introducing you, the reader, to another one of the interwebs greatest rising stars, Mr. Ronald Jenkees. In the the Wild West that is YouTube, Jenkees has emerged as one of the more enjoyable characters on the scene. For goodness sake, The Sports Guy even started using Jenkees' music on his new podcast "The B.S. Report" (which I highly recommend) and attempted to adopt Jenkees, but found he could not because Ronald is a few years above the legal age at which the state of California will allow people to be adopted. Who knew?

Nonetheless, the Jenkees' videos that I have run across after TSG mentioned him a column have been the comedy gift that keeps on giving. I cannot figure out if Jenkees' personality/style/motif is some large joke that has been foisted on an unwitting American public, but even if it's all an act, it is a thoroughly enjoyable act to say the least. With that said, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ronald Jenkees' variations on Pachelbel's "Canon in D". Enjoy

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home