Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I Wish I Was Like You, Easily Amused

I should begin by saying that I really did enjoy Ocean's Thirteen this evening, but despite the antics of Clooney, Pitt, Damon & Co., the film that is really stuck in my head from tonight is the trailer for American Gangster.

Yes, I know this marks the second straight post talking about how the media portrays organized crime in America, but the trailer for the film hit all the high points:
  1. Denzel Washington as the Drug Kingpin;
  2. Russell Crowe as the NYC Narcotics detective who is trying to bring him down;
  3. The film is directed by "Uncle" Ridley Scott; and
  4. There's even a little Jay-Z in the background.

I would love a little more insight on the movie from the film industry insiders who read this blog (coughDanCarlsoncough), but for now, here's a trailer:


If the climactic scene comes down to Crowe ultimately bashing Denzel's head with a phone, well, that will just be a little thing I like to call irony.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also saw that preview today when I went to see Ocean's Thirteen. However, the trailer for Vantage Point caught my attention more. Starring Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox and Forest Whitaker among others, the story, told from different vantage points, tells the assassination or attempted assassination of the United States President. Looks interesting!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

I have been summoned, and I come.

I think that the talent behind it is pretty impressive: Ridley Scott, Steven Zaillian. Scott also directed Russell Crowe in Gladiator, which is a fiercely overrated movie, but I think this story and cast could be pretty great. And King Kong has nothing on Denzel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home