Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wake Up From My Starbed and Make Another Day

After a quick trip to Aspen yesterday, I'm ready to start the Summer 2007 Trek experience with a week on Mt. Arkansas accompanied by Isaac Bray and the youth group from Memorial Church of Christ of Houston, Texas.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to visit the below pictured Maroon Lake just outside of Aspen. I often get frustrated with myself at how I take the mountains for granted each summer, but as we drove up to the lake and the Maroon Bells came into view for the first time, it was all I could do to not pull over the car and simply stare in wonder at the sheer force of the peaks jutting into the Colorado sky.

It's good to be back in Colorado. I'll be back with more on Thursday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Today and yesterday: "California Stars," Billy Bragg and Wilco. Great song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home