Wednesday, June 27, 2007

You Better Get Right or You're Gonna Get Left

Congratulations to Mr. Kalum Tuggle for correctly naming "Waiting on the World to Change" by John Mayer as the Monday Song of the Day.


It is good to be back writing again after a quick trip to the Austin-area for the Rampy/Watten nuptials. I would try to provide an adequate description of the event that was, but I'll leave that mission to the following photo:


That, my friends, is what Mr. Alex LaBounty has called the GREATEST group shakey face picture of all-time. I'm sure that's an illustrious title, but all I know is that I had a piercing headache after my performance depicted in the lower right hand corner of the shot. I'm sure that this photo will appear on some snarky blog in the future when I'm attempting to run for public office, but these are the risks you take in order to become a participant in greatness.

I should also note that yesterday featured a trip to Lake LBJ for my initial adventure into the world of wakeboarding. The orthopaedic surgeon that took out my stitches today could only laugh and shake his head when I shared that nugget of information with him. I'm not going to try to make this whole "wiping out your bike" a regular occurrence, but if it's going to happen sometime in my life, I'm glad it's when I'm 23.

Finally, I know I've been going to too many weddings when I hear songs and they make me laugh when I place them in the context of different events at weddings. For instance, this weekend I heard the song "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce and immediately picture some star-crossed couple using it as their first dance. What are the odds on that divorce? 2 to 5? 4 to 7? Should I even be making this joke? Probably not, but here at Running Down a Dream, we're always exploring the limits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home