Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'd Like to Dream My Troubles All Away

Faithful readers of Running Down a Dream, I'm coming to you LIVE from the Salida, Colorado Public Library!!! This is my first time to write in the SPL since last summer, and I am looking forward to using it as my base of blogging operations once again.

During my journey from the 903 to Centennial State I enjoyed a nice 36 hour stopover in the one and only Key City. (Abilene, Texas for the uninitiated. Or those who didn't pledge GSP. Either way.) It was a genuine pleasure seeing old friends, watching Joey "Jaws" Chestnut restore America to the top of the gluttony ladder, and view Michael Bay's latest offering, Transformers. All in all, it was one of the more enjoyable Fourth of July's that I have ever spent sans pyrotechnics.
In fantastic news on the Liverpool FC front, yesterday the Reds signed Atletico Madrid and Spanish National Team striker Fernando Torres to a 6-year deal . Torres, 23, is an outstanding pickup for the Liverpool and may be exactly what they need to return to the top of the Premiership next season.

With all that said, it's great to be here in Salida again. I knew I was back at Trek earlier this afternoon when one of the other guides sent a camper over to ask me inane questions about the Battle of the Bulge. The kid thoroughly enjoyed it when I was able to tell him the 4-letter response that General Anthony McAuliffe gave to the German Commander's request for surrender: "Nuts."

Nuts indeed, Tony.




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home