Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Missed the Good Part Then I Realized

Congratulations to Mr. Dan Carlson for correctly naming "California Stars" by Wilco as the most recent Song of the Day. Dan, I want you to know that I was forced to attend Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last night. No, I was not forced into the theater at gunpoint, but when everyone else on staff was heading to the film, and I had the option of hanging out in Colorado Springs by myself, it's not as if I'm going to call up James Dobson to see what's crackin'. I'm not sure if this is healthy, but if I saw Daniel Radcliffe walking down the street today, I just might demand $9.25 from his grubby little paws.


Ladies and gentlemen, young and old, faithful readers of Running Down a Dream,


I know that it has pained you to be without my musings for almost a week, and for that I am sincerely sorry. Along with Isaac Bray, I had a fantastic week on Mount Arkansas with Memorial Church of Christ from Houston. Somehow all of the kids in the youth group thought that I looked like "Lars" from Heavyweights. They were constantly throwing out phrases like "Don't pee in the vater", and other things that are enjoyable to say in a German accent. I'm pretty sure that I look nothing like the Tom Hodges (the actor who plays Lars), but sometimes wisdom proceeds from the mouths of children. Lars is shown in the photo above pandering to the masochistic tendencies of master trainer, Tony Perkis. "Campers, today lunch has been cancelled due to a lack of hustle."


Next week, I am going to be on trail with Ms. Brittany Seay and Mr. Connor Halstead as we lead YES (not the rock band, Youth Encouragement Services) from Nashville to the summit of Grizzly Peak. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to make constant "Owner of a Lonely Heart" references until the kids acknowledge their musical compatriots, but I probably shouldn't hold my breath.


Until Thursday...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a warning sign. coldplay. tuegel. love live the babel era!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Kizer said...

BAWDDY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home