Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Was Afraid That If You Rolled Away, You Might Not Roll Back My Direction Real Soon

Much to the chagrin of Joseph R. Halbert, I am still alive this evening and in a great mood for two reasons:
  1. I found out today that the plaintiff in the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case,which was argued before the United States Supreme Court on March 19 of this year, is in fact the cousin of some of my good friends that I grew up with. I'm pretty sure that I've never met anyone who was a litigant before the highest court in the land but this comes pretty darn close. Also, if I could have a rather tenuous connection with any party in the Supreme Court's illustrious history, I would rather have it be the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" guy rather than some woman of ill repute like Anna Nicole Smith. I don't care if that joke was too soon. I said it, and I'm standing by it.

  2. Liverpool finished off Chelsea tonight in stunning fashion to advance to the UEFA Champions League Final on May 23rd at the Olympic Stadium in Athens. It remains to be seen whether the Reds will be facing AC Milan or Manchester United, but I can guarantee you that it will be a great evening.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

one day when i was walking to work, i noticed the great crowd gathered outside the supreme courth with lots of signs. when i got to work, i did some reading and found out that it was the day for oral arguments in the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" case. I love America!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

HAZAA!! I received poor service at the register of the ACU Campus Store yesterday because the employees were watching the Liverpool game on every TV in the joint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home