Sunday, April 22, 2007

Catch a Plane to Barcelona 'Cause This City's a Drag

I'm feeling generous tonight, so I'm naming Dan Carlson as the winner of Friday's Song of the Day contest even though he only named Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! and not "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" as well, but we all knew what he meant.

Well, the CrimPro exam has come and gone, and so has my quick trip down to the Houston area for the Wilderness Trek Gala, which took place last night. Those 24-hour trips are nice, but I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the Houston area. Now, there may be some Houston-philes out there who can give me some compelling reasons why your fair city is a good place to call home, but since I've never been to River Oaks or Katy, the only parts of Houston that I think I would want to live in are Sugar Land, Kingwood, and the Woodlands area. Other than that, no thanks. I'm waiting to be lambasted for such a blatant pro-suburb statement. Do your worst.

The Rangers had a great comeback this afternoon from a 3-1 deficit in the bottom of the 8th to win by a final score of 4-3 over the A's. I was a little concerned to see closer Eric Gagne leave the game in the 9th with an apparent leg injury, but here's hoping that it was a minor one. Also, Liverpool locked up a spot in the Champions League for next year with yesterday's 2-0 win over Wigan Athletic. You can see highlights of Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt's two goals here:

Up next, a the first half of a showdown with Chelsea in the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday at Stamford Bridge in London. Get ready kids, this is big time.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

holiday in spain--adamduritz, counting crows

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger juli lynn said...

Houston is like most blind dates...it may not be much to look out but it has a great personality

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Houston embodies everything I hate. Everything.

Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home