Sunday, April 15, 2007

Give Me Five, I'm Still Alive, Ain't No Luck, I Learned to Duck

As Cris Carpenter has pointed out, the title of yesterday's post contains some great lyrics. I've decided to carry the song over to a second day with different lyrics just to see if any reader out there can solve the great mystery. I would also like to point out the high level of integrity that Ms. Carpenter displayed in refusing to run to Google as a crutch in the Song of the Day contest.

Well, Liverpool had a nil-nil draw yesterday in Manchester during an uneventful day in the English Premier League. I just wanted to point out that one of my largest goals for this blog was to someday work in the phrase "nil-nil". I'm glad you could be here for this momentous occasion, but I digress.
For the uninitiated Premiership fans, yesterday's match was not against the evil empire Manchester United, but was against their cross-town brethren, Manchester City. If you were to draw a comparison between Manchester United and Manchester City it would probably be something like comparing a barbecue sandwich at Harold's to a barbecue sandwich at the World Famous Bean. In other words, you can find each only a few miles apart, but there's a world of difference.
I realize that only ACU students and Abilenians will understand that reference, but it seemed applicable. Also, please note that I'm not comparing Man. U. to Harold's in terms of their cosmic goodness. Harold Christian's barbecue is God's revelation to man of what food can be at its best, and Man. U. is basically in the same category as the Yankees, galaxy, and the former USSR. Thus, while I despise all of the items in the latter category, I can appreciate achievement when I see it.

I say all that to say this: a nil-nil draw against Manchester City is a disappointing result. I guess I'll try to be more direct about it next time.
*P.S. I have no idea who that girl is on the right in the photo. Photo courtesy of the Harold's Barbecue Facebook group.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home