Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Is Where We Hope to Keep Safe from Pain

Congratulations to Ms. Stacey Villescas for correctly naming "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles as the Monday "Song of the Day". Dedicated readers will note that Stacey also named "Lovely Rita" by the Beatles as a "Song of the Day" last week. I guess she is just the resident Beatles expert around here to compliment Andrew Tuegel's U2 expertise, and Dan Carlson's Wilco prowess. I guess we all have our niche.

Tonight, since I cannot think of anything groundbreaking to write, I'm going to completely bore you to death. I usually post a note at the end of some posts with the book that I am currently trying to wade through, but I decided that tonight I would give you a peek into what I'm looking forward to reading.

Future Reading

If any of you have read any of these books, please feel free to leave a comment telling me what you thought about them. I'll try to come back with something more thought provoking tomorrow night.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Yee said...

Letters to a Young Lawyer is very good. Especially if you're slightly cynical and you want to hear from a very cynical lawyer who yet still enjoys his work and his life. Otherwise... yeah, haven't read any of them. I can't believe you have TIME to read so much.

I am determined to get one of your songs of the day, without looking it up on Google.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Justin said...

It's a little thing I like to call being single.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger ALV said...

Between the ages of 11-15, I listened to pretty much JUST The Beatles... read everything about them... obsessed... I haven't re-decorated my room at my parents house since then, either, so it's covered in Beatles posters. Good times. Also, it's satisfying to know that I have an area of expertise. :)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

space between by dave matthews band. one of the only decent track on the Everday album. let's all agree that "I Did It" is the worst thing that Dave has ever done.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger juli lynn said...

Justin, you will like the Hamilton book...a nice complement to the one on Adams. You've inspired me to re-read it...I'm tired of books on the Middle East.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

"we all have our niche"-Gustav Mahler, 5th symphony. finally got the song!

p.s.-changed to lukereeves.blogspot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home