Thursday, April 5, 2007

Step from the Road to the Sea to the Sky

It's truly a sad day out there kids. Do you dream of going to Hahhhvahhd? How about Yale? Princeton? M.I.T.? Cal-Tech? Well, I hate to tell you this, but your 4-oh and that perfect SAT score may not be enough anymore. You'll probably need to cure cancer, solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and lead the Texas Rangers to a World Series title in order to set yourself above the fray.

I'm not sure if anyone besides me actually cares about what America's "elite" colleges are requiring these days in terms of admitting students, but this New York Times piece documents the increasingly competitive process.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Yee said...

NY Times ran a piece about a week or so ago about how girls are the perfect ones, suffering because they're all in dance, theatre, cheerleading, honor societies and president of the senior class and yet they still can't get into their top choice colleges. My mother called just a few days ago and said one of our family friend's daughters didn't get into her first choice whereas her friend from another school and with lower grades did.

How glad am I that I never have to apply to any school ever again???

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Mr. Parker said...

Looks like colleges are getting rough; maybe TJC will turn down someone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home