Wednesday, April 4, 2007

We Are But Men, Rock On

Congratulations to Mr. Dan Carlson for correctly naming "Tribute" by Tenacious D as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

I have a quick bit of news to pass along before I head to sleep for the night. I'm pretty sure that I don't have a large rowing readership on this blog, but I was really happy to see an email from my Mom earlier today detailing my cousin Ryan's recent crew triumph. Ryan is a member of the UC-San Diego crew team and with their victory over UCLA and UC-Davis this past weekend, they captured UCSD's first ever Cal Cup. You can read the story here.

Ryan is the 2nd team member from the left in the photo. I like to think that all of those wrestling matches that he and I had over the years during Thanksgiving and Christmas helped to steel him just a little bit more so he could endure the pain of crew, but I'm pretty sure he's just a beast in his own right. Well done Ryan, well done.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought that a knew a little bit about crew like some basic terminology and I'd even watched a little bit on tv...but I had no idea that's that kind of attire associated with crew. That's all I have to say about that.

I refuse to discuss my Rangers induced depression. 0-162 might not be out of the question. Just joking, but seriously a win would be nice.
Austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home