Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Look Into My Eyes and It's Easy to See, One and One Make Two, Two and One Make Three

Congratulations to Mr. Jacob Hamlin Roseberry for naming "The General" by Dispatch as the Tuesday Song of the Day. I should note that Jake's answer was the first to ever be accompanied by a haiku, which elevates his answer considerably on the degree of difficulty scale. Mr. Roseberry, I salute you and if the rest of you want to start answering in haiku, that would be excellent as well. You know, even if you don't prefer haiku, I would be satisfied with a limerick, a couplet, or a few lines in iambic pentameter. Whatever floats the proverbial boat.

I'm not going to say I'm clairvoyant, but I think if you watch this video of match highlights from Liverpool's 3-0 defeat of PSV in Eindhoven yesterday, you just might notice that I correctly called two of the three goalscorers. Now, some might say that predicting a Gerrard goal is not that impressive, but I think that also predicting a goal from Riise is particularly noteworthy.



The goals are scored by Gerrard, Riise, and Crouch respectively. Riise's goal was simply amazing to see. The ability to square one's body to the ball, hit it with outside of your boot, and then bend it around an oncoming defender is what makes the Norwegian midfielder a very valuable player. I'm not going to say that the Reds have this round locked up, but PSV would have to win at least 3-0 next week at Anfield in order to advance to the next round. That is a difficult hill to climb to say the least.
In other news, the softball season came to a crushing halt last night for Ex Parte in My Pants. I would offer you a final score, but let's just say that it closer to The Battle of Little Bighorn than the Battle of the Bulge and we were General Custer.

Also, the Rangers continue to break my spirit. I'm not giving up hope (it's only 2 games into the season), but I am considering the purchase of a Vlad Guerrero voodoo doll in order to right the cosmic powers that he seems to have tapped into when he plays against the Rangers.
Current Reading

Underworld by Don DeLillo

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"Tribute," Tenacious D.

Soccer will always be a little boring to me.

I would also like some kind of comprehensive lists of the other team names like Ex Parte in My Pants.

"He asked us: 'Be you angels?'
And we said: 'Nay, we are but men.

Rock.'"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home