Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Last Night What We Talked About, It Made So Much Sense, But Now the Haze Has Ascended, It Don't Make No Sense Anymore

Congratulations to Mr. Jacob Straub for correctly naming "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan as the Tuesday Song of the Day. Many of you probably know Jacob by the moniker "Chicago", but truth be told, he's actually from Rolling Meadows, Illinois, so I propose we move towards "Rolling Meadows" or "Cook County", but perhaps the name has become so entrenched that a little geographic discrepancy is mere quibbling.

In other landmark news, the conclusion of today's Serrathon marked the end of my classroom experience as a first year law student, well at least I hope so. Granted I have three exams to negotiate before I leave Waco for the summer, but it feels good to be done with classes for the Spring quarter. When I tell most people that I'm almost done with my first year, they respond with statements like, "Oh, isn't that always the hardest one?" and I just laugh and explain to them that they've momentarily forgotten that I go "Where Fun Goes to Die" and it just would not make sense to let everything go downhill from here.

Liverpool won an important match today over Middlesbrough by the score of 2-0 at Anfield. Both goals were scored by Skipper Steven Gerrard, and I'll be sure to provide video of the strikes as soon as my friends across the pond place the clips on YouTube. The most important aspect of today's win is that it puts the Reds within one win of automatic qualification for the 2007-08 Champions League. We have a match with Wigan Athletic on Saturday at Anfield, and it would be nice to wrap up that remaining question before turning to this year's Champions League semifinal battle with Chelsea.

I guess that's all for tonight. Since I don't have class tomorrow or Friday, I'll be studying for my Criminal Procedure Final on Saturday and reflecting on whether or not Ian Kinsler leading the Rangers with 7 homeruns is any cause for alarm.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home