Friday, April 20, 2007

Explaining That the Sky Holds the Wind

For the second day in a row, to celebrate "Reading Days" I decided to head over the friendly neighborhood Starbucks for a little morning caffeine, and for the second day in a row who do I stand in line next to? If you guessed Prof. CrimPro you would be correct.


I'm pretty sure the exchange this morning went something like this:


Me: "Good morning."
Prof. Crim Pro: "Good morning."
(Pause)
Me: "I can't do this every morning. I don't make enough money."
Prof. CrimPro: "Me either."


Good times all around.


It was good to have dinner last night with my good friend Joey Halbert and Joey's friend, Marianne. After eating dinner at The Elite Grille, my first trip to the Waco landmark, we went back to Marianne's apartment to watch The Office. During the show NBC showed a promo for Saturday Night Live, which is inherently unwatchable, but that's another story.


Anywho...in the promo Scarlett Johansson was plugging tomorrow night's episode and when Joey made a pro-"ScarJo" as he called her-comment, Marianne immediately went into defensive mode. Now, the Sports Guy has always talked about actresses that he cannot talk about around his wife or she will go crazy, but this was my first time to witness the phenomenon. (Not that Joey and Marianne are dating or anything). It was fascinating. I'm not sure if Scarlett Johansson is one of those women who drive other women nuts, but I found it pretty funny.


God Bless Reading Days.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger ALV said...

I can see how some females would be totally incensed by her, but I think she's pretty teriffic. I do have other hot-button celebs, though - ones that I think have a massive amount of fame for zero talent, looks, or personality. (My mom, for example, sees nothing special about ScarJo, so she can get irritated at what seems like undeserved fame. I think that Cameron Diaz and Uma Thurman are bland, talentless, and verge on hideous - so any attention they get enrages me.) Maybe with some women, it's a jealousy thing - but because the boyfriend has fantastic taste in women (of course), I agree with all of his favorite female celebrities and adore them as well.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made it into two posts in a row - I'm feeling pretty good about myself right about now.

Underworld was in GQ's top five books every man should read. Congratulations on being ahead of the curve.

Joseph

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Yeah, I've noticed that both men and women can do that weird jealous-of-a-celebrity thing, but women seem to do it more than men. If a girl I know flips out about Jonathan Rhys Meyers or Josh Holloway, it's not like that's suddenly gonna make me realize I'm less sexually appealing than those guys (duh), or that it will then in turn send me into some kind of psychotic insecure freakout. But damn, tell a woman you like Scarlett Johansson, and you get your ass handed to you. Why do they do that? Do they know that we know that we will never actually get these famous women, we're just talking about them? Why is it OK for women to talk at the office about hot male celebrities with the kind of sexual innuendoes that would get a man fired?

Also, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home