Monday, April 30, 2007

The Nursery Rhymes That Helped Us Out and Make a Sense of Our Lives

Congratulations to Mr. Joey Halbert for correctly naming "Cochise" by Audioslave as the Sunday Song of the Day. Apparently Joey had just seen Chris Cornell, Tom Morello & Co. earlier last evening and was therefore empowered to triumph in the daily duel for lyrics supremacy. Cheers Joseph.

Well, it was a fruitful first day at the internship. I got to attend 3 pleas during the course of the day and see the members of the office participate in a Kangaroo Court skit for 8th graders from two local middle schools. Let me just say this: it doesn't who you are in the Eastern District of Texas, if you do the crime, you will do the time. Some people say that justice is blind, but today justice heard guilty pleas from a 23 year old, a 33 year old, and a woman who looked like she was better suited to cooking apple pie and knitting a quilt than committing federal crimes, but if a viewing of Family Matters taught me anything, it was this: Sometimes the grandma is the most feisty member of the family.
In my rant for the evening, I'm focusing on one of the sacred cows of the TV industry: Mr. Jack Bauer. Jack, why do you always have to talk in a forced whisper that sounds as if you speed-smoked a case of Marlboro Reds in the last 37 minutes. I'm not a regular viewer of 24, but I think what may prevent me from becoming one is Kiefer Sutherland's insistence on always talking like he's just been the victim of surprise shanking. I'm completely ready for the barrage of "I can't believe you just called out Jack Bauer" comments, and I have one thing to say: Bring it on.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

this season of 24 sucks anyways. jack bauer has turned into a woman. not that there's anything wrong with women, i just don't want to watch him cry and carry on about his feelings. i want him to shoot people and blow things up.

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd comment on how you are being dumb by calling out Jack Bauer, but you are probably already dead.

Joey

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

Kiester Sutherland whispers because he doesn't want to wake Richard Dean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home