Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Pick Me Up Love

Congratulations to Dan Carlson for correctly naming "#41" by the Dave Matthews Band as the Tuesday Song of the Day.
"Hershal Wheat, left, and his wife Bennie Wheat, of Tyler Texas, listen as an announcement is made postponing the Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers baseball game due to bad weather in Arlington, Texas, Tuesday, April 24, 2007. The game will be made up when the Mariners return to Texas, July 23-25, with the date to be announced later."--Pictures courtesy ESPN.com


I'll say this about Hershal and Bennie Wheat: I've never met them in my life, but their dedication to the game makes this Tyler native proud. Also, I think sitting in the rain eating overpriced peanuts under an umbrella is probably a better way to spend the afternoon than watching the Rangers fall further off the pace.

Wait, I'm already cynical about the Rangers' season? Congratulations if you had April 24th in the office pool.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,
I actually know Bennie Wheat. I use to work with her. I didn't know she was a Rangers fan though. Dad and I are looking forward to your 2 months back home. love, Mom

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Justin said...

This world gets weirder by the minute.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"Everyday," Dave Matthews Band. Also known as the moment DMB first started down the path toward the dark side, never to return.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home