Sunday, April 29, 2007

Well, I'm not a Martyr, I'm Not a Prophet

Congratulations to Mr. Dan Carlson for correctly naming "Babylon" by David Gray as the Thursday Song of the Day.

I'm coming to you tonight from the parents' computer because apparently the neighbor that we usually mooch wireless internet off of has decided to make things a bit more secure. Also, as you can see from the comments on Thursday's post, some people are getting a bit antsy about the lack of recent posts and making demands. Well, guess what. I listen to my people. I won't call you my fans, because that would involve the assumption that I'm worthy of fans and I don't suffer that delusion.

In other news, Liverpool dropped a 2-1 match yesterday against Portsmouth. It would seem that such a setback would be very disheartening in the interim between the Chelsea matches, but Rafa decided to rest 7 starters ahead of Tuesday's 2nd semifinal leg, and Portsmouth is fighting hard right now to qualify for the UEFA Cup. All in all, you would like to win every game, but if they win on Tuesday, yesterday's loss will quickly be forgotten. The match is going to be on ESPN2 on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. CST if you want to watch.

It's kind of a funny time around the house with the parents. On Friday, my Dad retired from his job with the Texas Highway Department after 27 years, so tomorrow morning I'll be going to work and he won't. I guess he's earned it. I'm looking forward to getting started in the morning and hopefully I'll be able to glean a least one blog-worthy story from each day. Well, that's also assuming that someone from the federal government is not currently monitoring this blog. In that case, if I get censored, the code word is BUSBY. I repeat, the code word is BUSBY. Good night, and good luck.

Current Reading


The Breaks of the Game by David Halberstam

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COCHISE BY AUDIOSLAVE! I literally saw Chris Cornell sing this two hours ago! BAAAAAA


Joey

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COCHISE BY AUDIOSLAVE! I literally saw Chris Cornell sing this two hours ago! BAAAAAA


Joey

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it will be CDT instead of CST.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

howard gentry for mayor


-Randy Orton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home