Sunday, March 18, 2007

We Had a Fight on the Promenade Out In the Rain

Congratulations to Mr. Joey Halbert for correctly naming "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" by LCD Soundsystem as the Friday Song of the Day.


So this is what free fall feels like. I'm pretty sure that my prophecy about jinxing myself after a first day of perfection has come true in spades. I don't know who I angered with my hubris, but I'm apologizing right now for my pride just so this streak of bad luck does not run over into other facets of my life. Even though all of the teams I picked for the Final Four are still alive, I've given up all hope of even sniffing the 25 grand that Facebook is paying to the winner. Easy come, easy go.


I think I speak for everyone when I say that the Williams/Blair wedding was a great event. It was so good to see many old friends. I was even able to observe one of the eternal truths of weddings at the reception. What is this rule?

The rule is: If there is a dance floor and dance music, bridesmaids must always dance. It is almost an immutable law of weddings that bridesmaids must be the ones to get things started and to keep everyone involved on the dance floor. I think it has something to with an act of rebellion for being forced to buy and wear a dress that they will never wear again, but I could be wrong.


I'll leave you with a photo of what Mr. Shane Spencer described as the "Best Table at the Reception". Now that's saying something!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

jenny was a friend of mine. the killers. and jenny really was a friend of mine. and yours too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home