Tuesday, March 6, 2007

We Closed Our Eyes Whenever We Kissed

Congratulations to Mr. Ben Grant for naming "Eclipse" by Pink Floyd as the Monday Song of the Day. I'm honestly disappointed in my blog readership on this one. You would think that a song from a monumental album such as "Dark Side of the Moon" would generate be a more hotly-contested Song of the Day, but some days are not made for strife. I could just be overestimating the value that the Song of the Day contest has in each one of your daily lives, but I'm sure that is not the case.


I knew it had to come to and end sooner or later, and it looks like the answer is sooner. Ex Parte in My Pants lost this evening to The Bush Leaguers by the score of 15-10. I'm not sure if the Bush Leaguers draw their name from our 41st and 43rd Presidents, Bushwood Country Club of Caddyshack fame, or their botanical affinity. Nonetheless, Ex Parte in My Pants' collective will has been challenged but shall never be broken. We will recoup over Spring Break, let our wounds heal, and be back to deal out punishment after the revelry.


In better news from the sports world, Liverpool advanced to the Champions League Round of 8 despite losing 1-0 to Barcelona FC at Anfield. I know, I know. Some of the soccer-haters reading this blog will wonder how a team can win for losing. It's a little thing called "away goals".

In Champions League matches that are played on a home and home basis, the initial tiebreaker is the aggregate score. If the aggregate score is equal, then the second tiebreaker is which team scored more "away goals" during the course of the matches. Since the Reds scored 2 goals in their victory at the Nou Camp and Barca could only score 1 at Anfield, Liverpool receives the benefit of the tiebreaker formula.



I'm pretty sure this is how we need to restructure the Electoral College.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home