Monday, February 26, 2007

Just a Small Town Girl Living in a Lonely World

I have a confession to make: I am deeply troubled by Martin Scorsese's eyebrows. I mean, have you seen those things? They make John Madden's eyebrows look tame in comparison. I once thought that Madden's eyebrows were the gold standard in facial features that could double as ski-jumps, but Marty's brows take the cake.
Here's the odd thing: they're jet-black even though his hair has become a refined grayish/white as Marty has aged gracefully. The look that Mark Wahlberg gave Scorsese last night reminds of me of the look that my parents gave me when I dyed my hair black for the "I've Got Chills and They're Travoltaplyin'" Sing Song Act of 2005, but that's another story for another time.

Congratulations on the recent Oscars Mr. Scorsese, but seriously, do something about those eyebrows.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

don't stop believin'
journey

i've grown to appreciate and love thick bushy eyebrows (maybe because of two men I know well who sport them). i know, i know, it's wierd, but it takes a real man to pull 'em off.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like caterpillers have made their homes on his forehead.

Joey

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"uptown girl" by billy joel?

Mike May

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Heath Huston said...

While Cody may have been correct in the assumption Journey was the original singers of the song, I think you were looking for the more modern singers of the song. For those of you who haven't seen the video, I present to you Metal Skool featuring Dennis Haskins and Tony Romo.

http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/what-you-see-after-you-hang-out-with-the-gonzaga-basketball-team-236707.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home