Saturday, March 3, 2007

Fly the Whole Mess Into the Sea

I know that I am still in my early days as a Liverpool supporter, but something tells me that I have already been taken by the sickness. This morning as I watched the ESPN Gamecast of the match against Manchester United, I let out a loud "Nooooooooo!" when John O'Shea scored for the Red Devils in the 90th minute to give Man. U. the victory at Anfield.


Let's look at this more closely. I was watching the gamecast, not even the real game. This meant that I was staring at a computer screen with graphics detailing shots, cards, and substitutions. I couldn't even see the actual game. All I saw on my screen was "John O'Shea: Goal 90th minute", and I still yelled. I'm also in Waco, Texas. The game was played in Liverpool, England, and I still yelled. I'm beginning to worry about myself.


Note: Aunt Nancy, Uncle Gary, and Richard, I'm sorry if I woke you up. I know that I should probably not be yelling early on Saturday mornings, especially in response to soccer matches being played on another continent. I'll work on it, but there are no guarantees of improvement.

Added at 2:26 p.m.

Here's footage of O'Shea's goal. I'm already learning to hate Manchester United.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young Pilgrims.. The Shins. so how is life in Tejas???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home