Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Walking Tall, Head High Up and a Singin'

Congratulations to Mr. Cody Blair for correctly naming "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey as the Monday Song of the Day. I would like to second Heath's admonition to watch the video of Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding of "Saved by the Bell" fame), Tony Romo, and Metal Skool as they perform a cover of "Don't Stop Believing". Well, that's if the gratuitous f-bombs by the lead singer of Metal Skool don't bother you too much. I'm pretty sure that if I did not know that it had really happened, I would have sworn that it was a SNL sketch. I'm not sure if SNL is still a relevant cultural reference, but I digress.

Last night Team Ex Parte in My Pants continued its winning ways with a 9-5 victory over Team Malpractice (a.k.a. Team Swanburg). I would like to think that my 3-run homerun in the bottom of the 5th helped things out some, but then I realized that members of the opposite team were playing their positions with a beer in one hand and their glove in the other, so I didn't stay on my high horse for too long.

Quick note: My new favorite native-born East Texan is......................................2007 Oscar winner, Mr. Forest Whitaker. Whitaker grew up in Southern California, but he was born in Longview along with Mr. Matthew McConaughey. (When I use "along with", I don't mean at the same time, but you probably knew that.) That counts for something, right?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home