Sunday, March 4, 2007

So Alive with Wild Hope Now

Congratulations to Mr. John Middleton for naming "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles as the Friday Song of the Day and to Ms. Heidi Hipp for naming "Young Pilgrims" by the Shins as the Saturday Song of the Day.

This afternoon, I was lucky enough to catch the 2nd half of the UNC-Duke game. The game was humming along pretty well in the second half (unless you're a Blue Devils fan) until Tyler Hansbrough went up for a layup with about 14 seconds left in the game. That's when things got a bit chippy. Hansbrough, who had been killing the Devils all day, was fouled on his way up by a Blue Devil defender, but apparently Duke's Gerald Henderson thought that wasn't enough.

Now, I know that there may be some of you who agree with Billy Packer that Henderson's elbow meeting the bridge of Hansbrough's nose was merely an accident, but each and every time that I watched the replay (trust me, CBS showed plenty) it just looked like Henderson was taking out his frustration on his archrivals. Henderson may not be a dirty player, but the way that he led with his elbow seemed to indicate that he was seeking out contact instead of putting his hands up to block Hansbrough's shot. I could be wrong here, and please tell me if you think I am.

I guess it just wouldn't be Duke-Carolina if someone didn't have to leave the floor bleeding.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely not an accident. Although I also don't think he was intentionally trying to hurt Hansbrough. I think he was trying to give a "hard" foul, which I wholeheartedly support.

The fact of the matter is that it was a really hard smack to the face and the 1 game suspension is certainly warranted.

Austin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home