Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I'm Hiding Out in the Big City Blinking

The Champions League Round of 16 is complete. The Final 8 looks like this:
  • Liverpool
  • Bayern Munich
  • Manchester United
  • PSV Eindhoven
  • Chelsea
  • AC Milan
  • Valencia
  • Roma

The draw for the Final 8 and Final 4 pairings will be held in Athens on Friday. That's Athens, Greece, not Texas. Maybe all of you did not need that clarification, but I know that I have enough East Texas readers of this blog that some might be confused. Not that East Texans are easily confused. Sorry for the digression.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am going to watch 300 at some point over Spring Break. It looks like it might be a bit too "comic-booky" (if that's an adjective) for me, but the Battle of Thermopylae is one of my favorite historical events, so I'm going with my heart on this one. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, and honestly if you haven't, you've probably been living under a rock or with Thoreau out on Walden Pond, here it is.


I'll say this about the trailer. Much like you knew that the boat was going to sink in Titanic, you know that all of the Spartans are going to die in 300, but you want to go see the movie anyway.

Since I'm feeling generous on this Wednesday evening, I will also give you a peek at what some people have called the worst commercial ever. I can't decide if it's the worst or the best, but I know that it falls nowhere in between. Enjoy.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Yee said...

I'm personally torn about 300. On the one hand (and I know this is apparently blasphemy), I absolutely hated Sin City. On the other hand, I too adore Greek history and especially Sparta. And hello, blood death and apparently, monsters. Potentially good times.

I also wanted to vote that as the worst commercial ever. But then, I'm easily annoyed.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

i didn't know Demetrius used to live in Montgomery...

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actual think that 300 looks like a pretty great movie.. which is rare these days. you should go see it for me just for the fact that it's in english and in a movie theatre.. thanks! Have a safe spring break and tell the fam hi!

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is quite possibly one of the most effective ads i've ever seen. i can't believe i'm saying this but it beats all those ads with the hot girls in them. the ad coupled with the guy's self deprecating manner make me want to give all my $ to him. and who is demetrius?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home