Thursday, March 8, 2007

Telegraph, Telegram, Telling You I'll Be Home Soon

Well, Spring Break is looming on the horizon, but there's this little thing called a brief that is due tomorrow for all of the LARC III students at Baylor Law. As you might have already guessed, I happen to be one of those people. The good news is that I have a great partner to work with in Mr. Mike May and that makes what could have been a very stressful, trying situation that much easier.

I think that's a huge lesson to learn in life. The value in working with the right kind of people on the things that matter. Currently, this brief is consuming a large part of my thought processes, but let's be honest, in five years, I may be able to tell you what it was about and I may not, but I will be able to tell you that I worked with a good person on it. It seems that after the details fade from the various activities that dominate our days, we remember certain things. We remember the highs, we remember the lows, and we remember those that participated with us in those activities.

My Spring Break plans include a quick trip back home before my Dad and I leave to go skiing for a few days in Wolf Creek, Colorado. I guess the females in our family just do not enjoy winter sports. It is either that or the fact that my sister had a traumatic crash on our first ever family ski trip when she was 10. Don't worry, she's okay, but it seems like it was all downhill from there. (Bah-doomp cha!) That was the written sound of the drum/cymbal combo after an outstanding joke if you were scoring at home.

After returning from skiing, I will be headed to Boerne, Texas for the Emily Williams/Cody Blair wedding on St. Patrick's Day. If you think that I am not going to pinch folks at the wedding for not wearing green, well, you have another thing coming. Maybe another pinch.

That's all I have for tonight. You've been great.





Picture of the Day:


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

you and your pops should head north and ski Crested Butte with myself, my brother, Chad, the brothers Robles, and several other saucy fellows instead. should be a good time.

Oh, and remind me to tell you the story of how Wolf Creek nearly took the lives of Clay Chesser and myself. One word of advice: stay off the far left side of the mountain.

see you in 8 days

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was not a traumatic crash, I was just going down the mountain faster than Dad and ended with a nice rolling stop. I hope you and Dad have a great time! I love you!

-Kt

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Cris said...

man, there's a great migration to boerne this weekend. i'll be there too, but for a different reason. i hope i run into some of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home