Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sister, Here is What I Know Now, It Goes Like This

I'm not sure where this restlessness that has overtaken me lately is coming from. Perhaps it is the fact that I see my friends settling down into relationships, jobs, and new cities, but I know that I am still in transition for a few more years. Then again, aren't we always in transition?

Something funny happened last weekend when I stayed at my friend Brandon's house in Boerne for the weekend. On Sunday morning as we sat down to eat breakfast, I looked around the table. I looked to my right at my friend Garrett and his wife, Michelle. I looked further down the table at Shane and his wife, Crystal. I looked to their right and saw Brandon and his fiance', Amber. Finally, I looked to my left and saw Jacob and his wife, Emily. Then I quasi-looked at myself, the single guy.

Now, before you yell at me to stop having my own pity party, don't worry, I've already decided that's not going to happen. I make that observation for this reason. I realize that I am at this point in my life for a reason. The secret to a happy life is learning to become content with where you are and not simply wishing that you were always with someone or somewhere different. Is this process an easy one? Certainly not, but it seems that the truly good things never are in this life.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Demetrius said...

If anyone knows what you mean it is me J.Scott,3.5 roommates married, 1 plus me to go but I am in no hurry.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Justin said...

D,

You need to tell me more about this .5 roommate. Apparently I never met this guy.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange Sky by Alexi Murdoch, who was at ACL. This song wins the award for "Song that Makes Me Pee all Over my Self and Weep and Go into a Funk for Days." Thanks, Alexi. I skipped your show on purpose, you sick freak.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, also this is Joey. And I also understand. I decided the upside to being single is that I can spend my money on cool things I want instead of buying dinners that a girl won't eat. Examples: xbox 360 + games, a bb gun with a scope, an ipod shuffle. Also, now when Natalie Portman calls I don't have to ignore the calls anymore.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Demetrius said...

The .5 is Jason Webb who is engaged and will be married on March 31

 

Post a Comment

<< Home