Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Keep Me in a Daydream, Keep Me Going Strong

Congratulations to Joey Halbert for naming "Orange Sky" by Alexi Murdoch. I think I am stating it mildly when I say that I like this song more than Joey. At least that's what I gathered when he described "Orange Sky" as a song that "Makes Me Pee all Over my Self and Weep and Go into a Funk for Days." Strong words Joseph, strong words indeed. I'm not really sure how a song can make a person incontinent, but I'll just have to trust you on this one.

I just got off the phone with my good friend Heath Huston, and he told me about the blog that his brother, Chad, has set up to chronicle his time in Osaka, Japan as an English teacher. You can find a link to Chad's blog here.

I'm not really sure what it is with people that I know going overseas to teach English in foreign universities, but I am thankful that I am friends with people like Patrick and Noel Vincent and Heidi Hipp. It is inspiring to know that my friends are the type of people who are willing to forgo comfort and the lives that they have always known in order to impact and change the world in some manner. English teachers of my life, I salute you!

(This includes you, Mrs. Falls. Just in case you are reading somewhere out there.)


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home