Thursday, March 22, 2007

I mentioned in Tuesday morning's post that I woke up with the melody to U2's "With or Without You" running through my head, and it seems that this week has turned into a U2 week. I don't know about you, but I'll have these weeks where I listen to one album or artist/band almost compulsively.

Some weeks I will listen to David Gray's White Ladder constantly, but then another week finds me listening to Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise on repeat. This week, I have been listening to U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind again and again. In my opinion, All That You Can't Leave Behind stands somewhere just below The Joshua Tree in U2's discography, but then again, it's hard to top what some have called the best album of the 1980's. Perhaps it's because there are some very strong themes presented in the album regarding resiliency, hope, and loss, but for whatever reason, the album has quickly risen towards the top of my High Fidelity "Desert Island" albums list.

With that said, it seems that since I have already presented you with a video from one of my favorite U2 songs earlier in the week, I should give you another one today. Think of the videos that I am going to post over the next few days as my five favorite U2 songs, but they are not necessarily in any order.

Today's song: "Running to Stand Still" taken from the 2005 Vertigo Tour DVD shot in Chicago.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listen to David Gray's White Ladder every single night when I go to bed and I still have not gotten sick of it. It is an amazing CD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home