Saturday, March 24, 2007

I Just Had to Look Having Read the Book

Congratulations to Ms. Courtney Varner for correctly naming "Misunderstood" by Wilco as Friday's Song of the Day. Courtney, you were also correct in stating that Wilco has a new album coming out very shortly. I was able to acquire a copy of the Sky Blue Sky a week or so ago from Mr. Jeff Giddens, and I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

Well, today's offering on the U2 song list is "One" from 1991's Achtung Baby. I've provided links to two different performances of the song. The first video is from the Slane Castle concert in 2001 that I mentioned in yesterday's post.



I'm not sure which concert the second video is from, but the "football" fans out there will enjoy ABC's work in pairing the song with highlights from the 2006 World Cup.



Earlier this year I posted the horrid remake of "One" that was perpetrated by some MBNA/Bank of America hacks last year in the name of corporate cheerleading. Out of respect for the greatness that is "One", I have decided to refrain from again posting that heretical material.


Current Reading

John Adams by David McCullough

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home