Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Town Lit Up and the World Got Still

Congratulations to Mr. Joseph "I'm #25 in the Royal Rumble" Halbert for naming "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World as the Song of the Day for Wednesday.

Sometimes you just have those good days. A large part of that might be because today and tomorrow are "Reading Days" for students at BLS as we prepare for Finals. That title seems a bit of a misnomer, because as far as I can tell, everyday so far in law school has been a day with reading, but I'm only in my first year, so what do I know?

Back to the topic at hand, today's been a good day. I went to Barnes & Noble to use a gift card that I received for my birthday and I decided to buy The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini. It's usually a good sign when you walk up to checkout and the clerk glances at your book and says something to the effect of, "That was the best book that I read last year." I'm not saying that the expectations went through the ceiling at that point, but it doesn't hurt. I'm looking forward to starting on the book after Finals.

I also talked to my good friend Jeff McCain for a short while this morning. Jeff was one of the first strong friends that I made at ACU and throughout our college careers it seemed that though many other things changed, Jeff was one of those friends who always managed to stick around doing whatever it was that he did. I'm excited that I will be able to see some of my friends this weekend at Patrick and Noel's wedding. Sometimes life gives us these people that we carry with us throughout our changing scenery to remind us that we have all been shaped by our journey. I'm thankful for that.

Today's been a good day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home