Saturday, December 9, 2006

Down Sleepless Roads the Sleepless Go

Congratulations to "Katie" for correctly naming "No Rain" by Blind Melon as the Friday Song of the Day. I'm not sure if this Katie is my sister or another Katie, but congratulations nonetheless. Please feel free to share your last name to clear up any confusion that I currently have regarding my sister's possible Blind Melon fandom.

Because a Saturday night in early December seems like a reasonable time to confess a few secrets, here you go:

10 Things That I'm Not Afraid to Admit

1.You know, "Stairway to Heaven" is really not all that bad, and if you're telling me that you don't sing along to Jimmy Page's guitar solo, well my friend, you are probably just fooling yourself.


2. The last movie that I saw in theaters was Pirates of the Carribean 2: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I need to rectify this quickly. Also, it was a 2-screen movie theater in Salida, Colorado. Let's just say this was not like going to your friendly neighborhood multiplex.


3. Yes, I once supported the maroon and white of Texas A&M in high school and now I don the burnt orange in support of the 'Horns. Blame this one on Lance Agan.


4. I listen to "The Final Game" from the Rudy Soundtrack in order to get excited about running in the morning when I should probably just roll over and hit snooze.


5. When I called one of my buddies last week after Martin Gramatica hit the game-winning field goal, the conversation went something like this, "Yeahhhhhh.....woooooooooo....yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh." We thought this was normal.


6. I'm listening to the Rudy Soundtrack right now, and I'm not about to go run.




7. I will vehemently argue with anyone that Monday Night Football ratings would have never dipped if ABC had simply kept re-signing Richard Dean Anderson to new contracts for MacGyver.


8. If playing football on trampolines was a professional sport, I would be a first ballot Hall of Famer.


9. I probably should have died at least 15 different times in my prepubescent years from playing the sport described in #8.

10. At one point, I owned multiple Creed albums. Don't worry, I've been clean for a few years now.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

I think I have the cases to both of Creed's first two CDs, but not the CDs themselves. Did you take them? If so, I'll give you a few dollars in class tomorrow.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Masten,

I would give you money to take them back from me. Let's be honest here, anyone stealing Creed albums is making a serious cry for help and I'm definitely not at that point.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you were both an Aggie, a cowboy fan, and a visitor to Salida, Colorado... where have you been all my life? haha.. Found this blog googling some local info (i live in salida), and am moving back to dallas, and i - unlike you - am an Aggie forever.... oh, and a cowboy fan (minus the man-crush everyone else has on tony romo). anyway, just thought i'd say hey!

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you are so very welcome scotty j, for showing you the light as mentioned in point #3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home