Friday, December 8, 2006

So Stay With Me and I'll Have It Made

Congratulations to Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "Glory and Consequence" by Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals as the Thursday Song of the Day.

Here are a few thoughts on a Friday night:
  • I informed Prof. Contracts today that I am, in fact, the official foosball hooligan for his team. He seemed a bit surprised by this statement. It could be for his stated reason that he "does not read blogs", but I think he is just overwhelmed at the groundswell of interest that his revelation of past occupation has raised among the students at BLS.

  • I have not written anything on the Michael Richards incident yet, and I wanted to withhold any thoughts until I actually watched some footage. After watching a clip on YouTube, all I can say is that when I initially heard the words "racist diatribe", I expected something much shorter, but I could simply not believe how unsettling the footage was. There's room for equivocation when a word or two slips out, but Richards' outburst was a long, sustained stream of hatred that justifies the outrage it has caused.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JScott-

Read both "Liar's Poker" and "Fargo Rock City." Both pretty solid.

I especially liked LP. I read it after reading moneyball and was shocked at how good and different that it was. Great kind of historical look at booming Wall Street. It will make you glad that you are in law school and not working at some I-bank in NY.

FRC was bought in response to loving Klosterman on ESPN's Page 2. I have since read his book "sex, drugs, and cocoa puffs" and would recommend it above FRC. FRC is written for an audience about 5-10 years older than me because I either barely recognize or don't remember at all much of the music he discusses. Still a good read though as he has many other cultural references.

Tell me what you think when you're done with them.
Austin

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No Rain" by Blind Melon

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Katie,

I would love to give you credit, but I need a last name as well.

For all I know right now, this could be my sister Katie, and I would be shocked that she could name a Blind Melon song.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Mark Osler said...

I loved Fargo: Rock City. Of course, I'm from Detroit, so you have to like someone wanting to share the Rock City moniker.

Also, Carter was my Contracts prof. in law school, and once had me on my feet for an entire class for breaking one of his rules. It was like a foreshadowing of pc...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Prof. Osler,

I bet your contracts professor never had you on your feet for an entire class period for utilizing improper foosball technique. Talk about attention to details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home