Sunday, October 8, 2006

This a Song About the Everyday Occurrences that Make Me Feel LIke Letting Go


"I don't like old people unless they are still children. I want only children in my kingdom. Youngsters-twisted, humped, wrinkled, white-bearded-all kinds of youngsters, but youngsters. I like children because my likeness has not yet been dulled in them. They have not botched my likeness. I like them because they are still growing, they are still improving. They are on the road, they are on their way. But with grown-ups there is nothing to expect any more. They will no longer grow, no longer improve. They have come to a full stop. It is disastrous-grown-ups think they have arrived."

Prayers for Life--Michael Quoist


Today, may you be filled with the child-like spirit of wonder at the world that God has made. May you remember that life is not about having all the answers, but more about asking the right kinds of questions. May your eyes be opened to the joy that is happening all around you. May you regain your child-like sense of need for something bigger than yourself. May you be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home