Monday, October 2, 2006

We're Just a Million Little Gods Causing Rain Storms

Back in the saddle once again...

Weekend Highlights
  • It was great to see so many friends from Trek during my time in Dallas.
  • The 5K on Saturday morning was great, but I really need to tell myself to slow down a little bit since I have not run consistently in about 8 months. Even if you are 22, it can still do bad things to you.
  • Through the 5K and Gala Dinner on Saturday, Trek had raised about $16,500 (Tim, you can correct me if this figure is off) for the Scholarship Program. That means that about 55 kids that would never been able to come on Trek because of financial reasons will now get to experience the wonder of God's creation. God is good.

I'm back in the groove with school. Since BLS operates on the quarter system I have my first exams in about a month. Good times all around.

Current Listening:

Funeral--The Arcade Fire.

Here's a link to their video for "Wake Up." Great stuff.

P.S. Everyone watch out for Albert Haynesworth, especially you Cole.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin-
Goodluck on your exams in a month. Post something letting us know your thoughts on how you did.
-Ben Grant

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

JScott-

Looks like you will be the first of the 1L's to go through the fire known as law school exams. You will definitely need to keep us posted on how that goes.

I also ran a 5k this weekend. Good times.

And I'm thankful that Trek has that scholarship program. I met many kids at Camp of the Hills that got to go on Trek because of that and they all loved it and still talked about the things it had taught them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home