Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hollywood Hills and Suburban Thrills

Congratulations to Ms. Heidi Hipp for naming "Helicopter" by Bloc Party as the Friday Song of the Day all the way from China. It's pretty interesting that I have two friends who are over in China right now teaching at universities.

You can read about Patty V's adventures in Wuhan here, and about Heidi Hipp's time in Hangzhou here. That is one the fun parts about growing up and moving out into the world. All of your friends are moving into these next experiences and everyone is learning and growing. It's an exciting time.

I took another trip to Jim's Lake Air Barber Shop this morning, but much to my dismay Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal were not part of the talking points. When my barber asked me where I was from and I told him Tyler, he responded that he had dated a girl from Tyler who was very good looking. Taking this comment by itself, it would not have meant much, but I had also had a similar conversation with some of my fellow first year students when I told them where I was from. I'm not sure how true these comments are, but hearing them in a relatively short period of time might give them some creedence.

I loved seeing the Herbstreit children on the College Gameday set this morning, but one of Kirk's sons looked pretty disturbed when Lee Corso put on his Brutus the Buckeye head. Lee Corso, a torment to children everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home