Monday, September 18, 2006

Lighting the Fuse Might Result in a Bang

I have returned from my voyage to the Key City. It is always good to see friends and to see people holding watermelons in the Beauchamp Ampitheater. It's funny to think that I am one of the old guys coming back telling what Austin Henley likes to call BWIP stories (Back when I pledged....we had to hold Volkswaged Beetles instead of watermelons....it was Bid Year not Bid Night....etc.).
I guess I am going to have to become accustomed to it always seeming too short when I see my friends again, but it was hard leaving yesterday. As we all sat in the Burg on Saturday night and flipped back and forth between games it seemed like nothing had changed in the last 4-5 months but so much has changed.

Guys had to leave in order to go back to their wives. Yes, I said WIVES. It's weird, I know. People were getting tired at 10 and we began to go to bed on the various couches and recliners throughout the house. Yesterday, we all went our separate ways once again. Some headed back to school, some stayed in Abilene, and others went back to jobs. Part of life is learning to adjust to what is coming down the pipe, but that does mean that you always have to like it.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

The guys holding watermelons in that picture look terrible. Heck, I did that twice. It was easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home