Thursday, September 7, 2006

I Took Off for a Weekend Last Month Just to Try and Recall the Whole Year

This post may not mean a lot to people outside of the Tyler/Whitehouse area, but don't quit reading just because of that. One of my friends from high school, Travis Chick, is getting called up to pitch for the Seattle Mariners during the last month of the season. You may say, "That's nice, but who cares?" The answer is: I do!

One day during our senior year, we were sitting in government class and Travis said that since I was going to law school I could be his agent one day. We have not spoken since graduation, but I may make some phone calls to see if the deal is still on the table.

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Joel Weckerly said...

I care too Justin. That's a huge deal and I'm happy for the guy w/o even knowing him.

p.s. should we stop linking to Henley's blog since it's been pronounced dead?

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Weck, all I have to say is: Henley Who?

I'm just kidding. ICB Forever.

Joel, what are your thoughts on the Saturday Night Showdown?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That's pretty sweet, Justin. A guy I played against in high school is now in the major leagues and it's still weird everytime I hear his name. I also watched a linebacker in the BYU game the other night whose house I used to go to and play. I played with him and his 9 brothers and sisters. No lie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home