Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm the Train They Call the City Of New Orleans

In a record-setting 3rd post in the same day, I am also proud to say that today's Song of the Day Contest has the most winners in the contest's long, illustrious history.

Congratulations to Kalum Tuggle, Tim Henderson, and my Dad for correctly naming "The City of New Orleans" by Arlo Guthrie as the Monday Song of the Day. Extra points (as if there is a scoreboard) to Tim for also identifying Steve Goodman as the song's author.

If you've never heard the song before, it is as my father said, "one of the great train songs in history." I'm sure that's a huge category, making that a significant statement, but right now all I can think of for train songs is that really annoying Quad City DJ's song on the Space Jam soundtrack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home