Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Would Sell You Out in Heartbeat, 'Cause You Can Defend Yourself

Everyone, I'm sorry that I had to go back on my promise/proclamation to write more consistently but these last few days had been ones of adjustment and settling into my new life here in Waco.

I'll let any law students or lawyers who read the blog to add their own thoughts but I saw a t-shirt today that made me laugh and cringe. It said, "Baylor Law School: Where Fun Comes to Die." Law school, it's fannnnnnnnnnnnntastic. With the necessary amount of sarcasm out of the way, I know these next three years are going to be very trying for me, I am confident that I am going through this experience for a reason.

Yesterday, as I began orientation there was no Darwinian suggestion to look to my right and left and guess which one of us was not going to make it through the first year. Perhaps that is coming from the professor who teaches one of my classes this quarter but I suspect I will never hear those words in the halls of Baylor Law School.

Current Reading: The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe

Current Listening: "Z"--My Morning Jacket

6 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At my orientation at Mercer we were told that they had a 100% pass rate for last year's 1L's. It was suprising to hear. I was totally ready for the look to your left and right bit. So, what do you think so far?

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Ben Grant

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're screwed...

Just kidding, Baylor might crush your soul but everyone graduates who really wants to be there.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

It's going to be a learning filled three years, Justin. You, me, Joey Halbert, and Ben Grant all 1L's this year. Who would have thought? You're gonna do great and I look forward to this journey we are beginning. (Crappy as it will surely be this time next week).

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

at least your posting more than henley

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Hard not to Cody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home