Wednesday, August 9, 2006

I Was Born In a Class Five Hurricane

There is only so much 24 news coverage that I can handle, but sometimes you find those diamonds in the rough as you are surfing through the cable universe. As my remote took me to the Fox News Channel, a reporter was standing outside of the UN Headquarters in New York talking about the Lebanese-Israeli ceasefire talks when this nugget of gold appeared.

"Rapper Jay-Z was also at the UN today to discuss the worldwide water crisis with Secretary General Kofi Annan."


Now, please do not hear me saying that I do not admire Jay-Z's efforts to raise awareness on a humanitarian issue, but I cannot help but laugh at potential conversations that would take place between the two during the day.

Annan: So, Mr. Z....
Jay-Z: It's only a stage name. My name is actually Shawn Carter.
Annan: So where does the Jay and Z come in?
Jay-Z: (Looking around for Beyonce')

Did Kofi tell him that he preferred the Black Album to the Blueprint?

These are things that we need to know. Cable news outlets, do your worst.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jigga broke up with beyonce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home