Friday, July 7, 2006

Even When the Sun is Shining I Can't Avoid the Lightning


Like a bad penny, I just keep turning up. I had a rainy, rainy week on Casco Peak with Christ Church of Mobile, but that did not stop us from enjoying another week in God's playground.

I'm sorry to say that I forgot to purchase batteries for my digital camera last weekend so there will not be any pictures from the week for the forseeable future. Don't despair, I'll see if I can track some down, but for right now you will have to settle for a written account, which will be provided tomorrow.

For now I would like to leave you with some quick thoughts on a Friday night in Salida, CO.
  • I'm nowhere near a shoreline but I have found myself listening to a lot of Jimmy Buffett this summer. Maybe it's because you cannot listen to Buffett or Marley without being in a good mood or it could be something else.
  • I have not been able to watch much of the World Cup this summer but I am going with the French in the final over Italy. Zidane will ride off into the sunset with the trophy or do something that is the French equivalent.
  • After finishing Annapurna on Wednesday, I began The Broker by Grisham today. The lesson here: sometimes you eat Powerbars, sometimes you eat Cocoa Puffs. I'll explain later.
  • If the Rangers can hang close until September mabye they'll take the division. What? You don't believe me. Well, it's hard for me to believe too, but up here I'm living in blissful ignorance.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Travis, Why Does it Always Rain on Me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home