Monday, August 7, 2006

When You Get What You Want But Not What You Need

Congratulations to Ms. Ashley Mize for correctly naming "Rebellion (Lies)" by the Arcade Fire as the most recent Song of the Day.

Well, after a summer of intermittent writing on my part, I think that I am finally back in a position where I will be able to write on a day-to-day basis once again. Perhaps that is of no large importance to any of you. I certainly do not entertain fantasies that my writing is somehow eagerly anticipated by anyone out there in the so called "blogosphere", but as I have said before, this is somewhat a daily therapeutic enterprise for me.


Due to my newfound abundance of time to read, I was able to finish High Fidelity and The Plot Against America last week and I am currently working my way through The Brethren by Bob Woodward and Scott Armstrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the writing of both Nick Hornby and Philip Roth, but The Plot Against America particularly stood out in my mind because of Roth's ability to so completely craft a sense of alternate reality with his writing.

While I was on vacation in Galveston last weekend, I was able to make a few purchases at the local Galveston Hasting's. I know, I know. Hastings is not exactly a resident of the upper echelon of chic locations to purchase fine literature, but it sufficed. Anywho....my purchases were:
  • The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe
  • My American Journey by Colin Powell with Joseph E. Persico
  • An Independent Man: The Adventures of a Public Servant by James M. Jeffords

I will be here at home in Whitehouse for about a week longer until it is time to move down to Waco with the honorable Aunt and Uncle. I'm feeling an outpouring of words in the next week, so get ready to read.....

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fix You by Coldplay...Kalum

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I'm ready...because I do enjoy reading what you write.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home